Ozark Piecemakers is pleased to present the special display, the Quilted Phrase, during the show. This challenge was issued to guild members in the summer of 2017.
The following guidelines were given for the challenge:
- Take a phrase drawn at random, such as ‘A penny for your thoughts‘, ‘Head in the clouds‘, ‘To hit a wall‘, or ‘Sour grapes‘, and make a quilt using the phrase as inspiration.
- These phrases must be drawn randomly from the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild challenge list of more than 400 phrases. Members may draw 2 phrases and use their favorite for their quilt inspiration. This challenge is open to Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild members only.
- Maximum of 160″ perimeter
- Challenge quilts will be judged and eligible for prizes.
- Quilt means top, batting and backing. Embellishments are allowed.
- Phrases do NOT have to be any where on the quilt top, but must be in the written description on the entry form.
- Deadline for entry is July 1, 2018.
Download the Quilted Phrase Challenge flyer here.